Monday, December 8, 2008

Software Synthesizers




never mind all of this.
The only soft synths worth my attention are the Omnisphere and Alchemy.
(actually I own Absynth and it rules)
The fourier re-synthesizing of Alchemy blows my mind.
And the 'Steam Engine' of Omnisphere picks up my scrammbled brains and shoves them back into my skull.

I know there are a lot of quality virtual analogs out there, 
but I'm just feeling pretty played-out on that whole va sound.
There just needs to be new ideas in synth architecture!
Actually the Arturia Origin seems pretty friggin cool as far as originality goes.
hmm...origin-ality. 
If they could make additive, granular, and wavetable oscillator modules I would be all over them.  
I also wouldn't mind some good Oberheim and Prophet filter emulations... 
maybe even a formant filter... hell, an FS1R model while I'm at it.
Could you imagine Frankenstiening all those modules together?!?!?!?
It'll never happen though, Arturia is all about analog emulations.
I should make my own synth. It would totally be a keytar!!!

Additive, granular, and wavetable (true wavetable) is the way to go.
Actually the FM synthesis of the FS1R is still pretty friggin cool in my book, 
8 freq operators and 8 formant operators?!?!? Can you even believe it!

No comments: