Sunday, January 6, 2008

What if Gore won the 2000 Election?




Hey, I haven't posted anything in a while so I figured...I'll just watch TV.
Seriously, I just got an HDTV, full 1080p, I love it.  The HD channels are cool, but dude, playing my PS3 on an HD ROCKS (said with soprano metal voice).
I don't what I like more, the crystal clarity of nature shows or the mesmerizing depth of my shooter games.  Even my babies weird 'Einstein' shows are cooler.  I try to do my work when she's having her TV snack and I find myself watching it with her and relearning my numbers, colors and shapes.

I just watched 'An Inconvenient Truth' on one of the Hi-Def channels.  Wow.  That Gore dude is sooo much cooler with a Thomas Newman Score.
But seriously, I don't have half the faith in humanity that Gore does, that people will actually put in the effort to change their selfish, lazy, materialistic, apathetic lives.  I should probably include wasteful and indulgent, but you get the point.  And here I am eating a pizza with a million electronic devices running.
Is pizza bad for the environment?  I feel okay about my HDTV because Gore had a whole bunch of them for his presentation.  Besides, global warming looks awesome in HD.  But seriously, the guy makes a very good argument and I get the sense that he genuinely cares about people and wants to make the world a better place.  

I'm going to start following some of his recommendations from his action page.
You should to.

I'm not a political person, but if Al wasn't married to Tipper I probably would have voted for him.  I remembered her in the 80's when she was doing her censorship campaign teamed up with the FCC.  She was going after all my punk rock heroes on the Phil Donahue Show.  I think the whole 'Rock the Vote' thing  in 2000 really back fired as far as trying to get generation-x voters, I couldn't stand the idea of one of Jello Biafra's enemys being in the White House (but secretly I thought she had a cool last name).  If the millenials had been old enough to vote they wouldn't have know who Tipper was and things may have turned out differently.

**I couldn't find a clip from the legendary Tipper Gore appearance on Donahue, but I did find this...


After looking back on this video I think maybe we should have been censored.

No comments: