Wednesday, November 5, 2008

The Grieving Process

You have to feel it to heal it.

I never really mourned the time when my Electro Harmonix Micro Synth was stolen.



I am sad.  Helios Creed put a wanted ad out for one of these things in a Sub-pop newsletter.  I was intrigued.  I saw one for sale locally, I only intended to check it out, see what it was about. When I played it I knew that it was made for me.  It made noises so offensive that the devil him self would blush to describe it out loud.  I had to own it.

Also, my Univox Super Fuzz was stolen in the same incident.


This video does not do it justice.  
When you think about the face-melting lead sounds on tracks like American Woman... 
that is what it did.  
I only got to play it once... 
it was like getting hit by a truck going 200 mph carrying velvet cups of butter.

But for some reason the dirty thief did not take my Digitech Whammy Pedal, 
Electro Harmonix Big Muff & 
Electric Mistress & Small Stone, 
Boss CE-3 & DM-2, 
Mutron Multi-Phase, 
MXR Phase 100 & Blue Box,
E-bow, or my Echo-plex.



Or my absolute most favorite pedal in the world, 
the amazing ACE TONE FUZZ MASTER 2.




So, I guess it could have been worse.
It feels bad to have someone take something from you.
Like a helpless victim... no one to grant me justice... never mind justice I just want my stuff back.

No comments: